- Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Site.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Site’s functionality, improve the Site’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Site, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Site, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Site, and comply with legal obligations. We will never sell your information to any third parties.
Among The Information We Collect, Please Note:
Account Information: If you create an account on California Black Business Listings, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal at email@example.com.
Site Activity: We may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit.
Types Of Cookies Used On The Site Include:
Category Of Use And Explanation
- Processes– Intended to make the Site work in the way you expect it to. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
- Preferences– Intended to remember information about how you prefer the site to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geo-location data.
- Notifications – Intended to allow notice of information or options that we think could improve your use of the site.
It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
- Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly.
- Data Retention and Account Termination:
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Dispute Resolution
California Black Business Listings
Attn: Privacy Officer
United States of America